绝望的主妇里的两种婚姻观:你赞同哪种?
在绝望的主妇第三季第07集,Susan与Ian已经到了谈婚论嫁的地步,Ian父母到Susan家做客,Ian的母亲达莉雅抒发了自己的婚姻观,以及对男人出轨的看法,她的言外之意:男人出轨没什么大不了的,不应以此而离婚,而Susan并不这么看,一句话亮出了自己的观点,瞬间让Ian的母亲目瞪口呆。
Ian:Look who’s back. –看谁回来了
Dahlia:Yes, let’s try this again, shall we? 咱们再来一次 好吗
Susan:I am so sorry about…我很抱歉……
Dahlia:Please! Not another word. 别提啦
——>> Chiffon at a barbecue? I was asking to be immolated. 穿雪纺绸来吃烧烤 完全自找麻烦啊
Ian:Drink with dinner, Mother? 喝点酒吗 母亲?
Dahlia:Oh, God, yes. – -当然要来点
Susan:Not that chair. That’s the wobbler. 别坐那张椅子 那个不稳
——>> I’m saving up for a new set. Sit here. 我正存钱买新的呢 坐这吧
Dahlia:Ian tells us you have a young daughter. 伊恩说你还有个女儿
——>> Won’t she be joining us? 她不一起吃吗
Susan:Julie? No, she’s at her father’s this weekend. 朱莉吗 不 她这个周末在她爸那过
——>> Is something wrong? 有什么问题吗
Graham:Well, it’s just that Ian told us that 只是伊恩告诉我们
——>> your husband had been gone for years. 说你丈夫已过世多年
——>> We assumed you were a widow. 我们以为你是寡妇呢
Susan:No, Karl’s alive and kicking… sadly. 可惜 卡尔还活蹦乱跳呢 真可惜
Dahlia:So you’re a divorcee? 这么说你是失婚女啊
——>> What happened? Did he beat you? 为什么离婚 他打你吗
Ian:No. Of course not. 不 当然不是
——>>She had ample grounds, Mother. 她有充分的理由 母亲
——>> Karl was a shameless womanizer. 卡尔是个不知廉耻的花花公子
Dahlia:So it was just adultery? 只是搞外遇啊
Susan:Just adultery?- -只是外遇
Dahlia:To my way of thinking, men are, by nature, weak. 在我看来, 男人天性软弱
——>> I think Graham will back me up on that. 格拉汉姆肯定会支持我这观点
Graham:Really, Dahlia. 至于吗 达莉雅
Dahlia:If you want your marriage to last, when your husband strays, 要是想婚姻长久 那你丈夫偶有迷失时
——>> you extract some suitable penance and get on with it. 你让他忏悔 然后继续生活
——>> Punish the sin, but love the sinner. 惩罚罪恶 但仍爱罪人
Susan:Yeah, well, with Karl I was more, 跟卡尔更像是
——>> “Divorce the ass and seize the assets. “”甩了混蛋 抓住财产”
——>> Turn to Ian:So you better watch out. 所以你最好小心点
——>> Betrayal makes me vengeful. 背叛会激发我的报复心
Ian:Well, that’s good to know. 防患于未然
Dahlia:Yes, it certainly is. 当然的