看绝望的主妇学高频短语:Mixed signals
Mixed signals:Men or women that contradict themselves via words/action when they are interested in a woman/man and are simply doing it in order to ‘test’ them as to how far, and how much they will pursue. (复杂的暗示、暖昧不清的信号;在口语中常指处于恋爱观测期的男女所表现出的那种半遮半掩、欲盖弥章的言行)
E.G.1:(摘自绝望的主妇S01E05)
Gaby: So why weren’t you sitting with Mike tonight? 你为什么没跟麦克坐在一起
——>> I thought you two were becoming an item. 我以为你们俩已经是一对了
Susan: I sort of thought so too. 我也这么想过
——>> Getting a lot of mixed signals. 他态度暧昧不明
E.G.2:(摘自绝望的主妇S03E02)
Gaby: What would make you think I’d even consider taking you back? 你凭什么认为我会和你和好
Carlos:You invited me to be your date. 你请我当你的男伴
Gaby: Guest, Carlos. I said guest. 客人 卡洛斯 你只是个客人
Carlos:Come on. You’ve been flirting with me since I came in. 得了吧 我一进门你就一直和我调情
——>> “Baby, let me fix your tie. “”宝贝 我帮你理下领结”
——>> You sure are sending some mixed signals. 你就是在发射暧昧信号
Gaby: You want a clear signal? How’s this? 你想要个明确信号吗 这个如何?