绝望的主妇第一季第23集直播回放-Part02
Desperate Housewives S01E23 – Part01
相关知识点请参见以下讲义:
Courtesy[‘kɜːtəsi]:the showing of politeness in one’s attitude and behaviour towards others. (礼貌、好意)
E.G.1:If you don’t want to talk to me, fine. At least have the courtesy to hide. (DH S01E23)
参考翻译:你不想跟我说话也行,至少有点礼貌回避一下吧。
E.G.2:She hasn’t answered my e-mails either. I am going to call her tonight and have a little talk with her about common courtesy and I’m sure that you’ll get an e-mail tomorrow morning. (DH S03E23)
参考翻译:她也没有回复我的电邮,我今晚就给她打电话 并好好和她谈谈起码的礼貌 我保证你明天早上收到电子邮件的。
【片段精解】——>>CLIP 94
Gaby:You honor, 法官大人
——>> this whole mess is just a result of my loneliness. 整件事情都缘于我的孤独寂寞
——>> My marriage is a bit strained. 我的婚姻不那么顺心
——>> and After Carlos was convicted… 在卡洛斯被判有罪后
Judge:No one’s been convicted yet, Mrs. Solis. 现在还没人被定罪 索利斯夫人
——>> This is just a grand jury hearing. 这只是一次陪审团听证会
Gaby:Oh, no, I’m talking about his other crime. 不 我说的是他另一项罪名
Judge:Oh. Right. 好吧
——>> Go ahead. 请继续
Gaby:Anyways, he was placed under house arrest 是这样 他近来被软禁在家中
——>> and he being the jealous man that he is, 再加之他向来比较善妒
——>> got a little crazy every time I left the house. 所以每次我出门他都很不安
——>> He knows how men look at me and… 他知道其他男人拿什么眼神看我
——>> Well, I…I didn’t exactly ease his mind. 其实 是我没能给他安全感
——>> I… falsely led him to believe I was having an affair. 我让他误以为我有外遇
——>> And before Carlos’ house arrest, 卡洛斯被软禁前
——>> he was always working and he was never with me. 他总是忙于事业 很少陪着我
——>> I thought that 所以我以为
——>> maybe if he believed I was having an affair… 如果让他以为我有外遇
——>> he would realize he loved me. 他就会意识到应该好好珍惜我
——>> And I know it sounds stupid. I do. I just… 我知道这听起来很蠢 我承认
Judge:Is there a point to this? 这跟这桩案件有关系吗
Gaby:My point is that 我是说
——>> Carlos is an angry, jealous Neanderthal. 卡洛斯是个易怒 善妒的原始人
——>> But he’s not a gay-basher. 但他绝不是个殴打同志的恶棍
Judge:All right. I’ve heard enough. Counsel, approach. 好了 够了 原告律师过来
——>> I gotta be honest. I don’t think we have a hate crime here. 老实说 我不认为这是起仇视罪
Strain[streɪn]:to become stretched or to experience pressure, or to make something do or experience this. (绷紧、拉伤、压力增大、关系紧张)
E.G.1:This whole mess is just a result of my loneliness. My marriage is a bit strained. (DH S01E23)
参考翻译:整件事情都缘于我的孤独寂寞,我的婚姻关系有点紧张。
E.G.2:Ever since Richard retired from the army, things have been… strained. (DH S07E08)
参考翻译:自从理查德退伍回来后,我俩的关系就比较紧张。
Neanderthal[ni’ændətɑːl] :rude or offensive;very old-fashioned and not willing to change. (adj. 精暴无礼的、鲁莽的;极端守旧的,未开化的;n. 原始人、野蛮人)
Basher[bæʃə]:a person who physically assaults another. (殴打他人的违法犯罪者;怒殴者)
Beat up:assault and injure someone by hitting, kicking, or punching them repeatedly. (殴打、攻击)
E.G.1:A guy she talks to in public isn’t someone you’re gonna worry about. So, it’s someone that she doesn’t talk to. What I have to do, beat up every guy in town? (DH S01E06)
参考翻译:能和她在大庭广众下聊天的人,你用不着担心。所以是她根本不搭理的人,难道我要把镇上的男人都揍一顿吗?
E.G.2:If you don’t wanna be my boyfriend, fine. Don’t beat up the only guy who wants to volunteer for the job. (DH S02E17)
参考翻译:如果你不想做我的男友,没问题,那也不能殴打一个唯一自愿做我男友的人啊。
关于美国的反仇恨犯罪和《反新冠仇恨犯罪法》诞生
仇恨犯罪也被称为“基于偏见的犯罪”,指的是针对于人身安全或者财产等方面犯下的罪行,仇恨犯罪的形式有多种,一般都是基于恶意或者憎恨,其中包括恐吓、人身攻击、辱骂、财产破坏等,据统计,黑人、犹太人和同性恋是仇恨犯罪最常见的目标。
美国这个国家是一个非常善于纠错的国家,特别是在911事件发生以后。他们无论是从国家层面,还是企事业单位都会设立一套完善的预防及纠正体系(CAPAS–corrective and protective action System)。我之前工作的单位的客户基本上都是国内百强或世界五百强的单位。客户在项目外包之前,会针对比较有竞争力的Vender做一个过滤,对于稍微大一点项目外包,客户都会通过供应商信息请求(Request for information)或者是项目问卷调查表(Supplier survey)来收集供应商的详情信息,这其中就包括CAPA的问卷调查。针对仇恨犯罪,美国从国家层面就设立了非常完善的应对机制。
去年,由于受新冠肺炎的影响,针对亚裔的仇恨犯罪案件呈陡然上升趋势,峰值达到前一年的19倍,但是很快就会有媒体、社团、公众人物出来发声,比如:刘玉玲就在针对亚裔种族仇恨犯罪的言论当中,特意找到CNN的记者并与她连线,除了表明自己的立场,还呼吁社会给予关心和重视:
The rampant rise in all hate speech and Anti-Asian hate crime is plaguing our country. Words MATTER. Leadership MATTERS. Wherever you are from or whatever you look like or believe, we are all one HUMAN RACE. My heart goes out to the families of these innocent victims. I know we can be better than this. We must be.
相关视频访谈详见:《致命女人》女星刘玉玲接受CNN访谈:种族仇恨
今年年初,《反新冠仇恨犯罪法》相继被美国参议院及众议院表决通过,5月21日,该法案获签署成法。通过这个事件,我们可以管中窥豹:美国作为一个Melting pot(各种民族的大熔炉)对于仇恨犯罪的重视程度。
我们再切换到《绝望的主妇》关于Gaby的证词和供述的这段场景,Carlos的定罪的焦点集中在他是一个assailant,还是gay-basher,如果被定义为:Gay-basher那就触及了仇恨犯罪,他面临的是重罪Felony(Commission of a hate crime offense is a class C felony.),可能得呆好几年,不是在号子里面蹲几个月就能假释出狱的。
Gaby的这段证词合情合理地解释了Carlos伤人的动机,将Carlos伤人的一部分责任推到了自己身上,成功地将Carlos暴力攻击的缘由转移到了夫妻关系冲突上面,法官及陪审团也就没理由”cut Carlos some slack”了。
Potassium[pə’tæsiəm]:a silver-white chemical element that, when combined with other elements, is used in the production of soap, glass, and fertilizers. (钾)
Ingest[ɪn’dʒest]:to eat or drink something. (摄取、咽下)
鼠标滚轮往上滑,获取第一季第23集完整版学习笔记(需支付点数)